How To Stop Inner Thighs From Rubbing Together
There was a comment left here from a reader that reminded me of a problem that a lot of us girls face, Chub Rub. The term chub rub is new to me, but the problem isn’t.
This is when your thighs rub together and cause chafing, that can get painful sometimes. It’s especially a problem running or walking during the summer.
So here’s the good news, I will tell you how to stop your thighs from rubbing together, how to treat thigh chafing and what exercises get rid of inner thigh fat.
- How To Stop Inner Thighs From Rubbing Together
- How to Prevent Thigh Chafing
- Which is Best to Stop Chafing?
- Anti-Chafing Skin Lubricants
- Chafing Treatments
- Getting Rid of Inner Thigh Fat
- Lose Inner Thigh Fat
How to Prevent Thigh Chafing
Ok, first the quick fix, stopping chaffing all together. You need to stop any further rubbing in order to fix the problem and the fix is diet and exercise, but we will get to that later.
The cause of chafing thighs is usually a little bit of fat on the inner thighs that, when the skin is exposed, bare or even in jeans, rub together.
The easiest and quickest way to stop this from happening is to get Bandelettes or Undersummers.
Bandelettes are sexy little band that you pull over your legs and use to cover and squeeze thighs. These lace band look nice and work great.
With silicone on the inside, once you get them where you want them, they stick right in place.They are great for skirts, dresses or overnight.
Although the material is thin, if you were tight jeans or yoga pants, they are a little noticeable, but not really a big deal.
Great option for some girls. If your chub rub is due to a little bit of fat and you would rather wear jeans than a dress, Undersummers work great.
They are less visible in tight clothing and do a great job. Unlike Bandelettes, you will totally forget that you even have Undersummers on.
That are made out of a slippery micro-fiber that never catches. Making them super comfortable no matter what you have on.
Which is Best to Stop Chafing?
So, before you make a decision, let’s figure out which works best for you. Undersummers are great and they would be my preferred option.
I actually own a few pairs and love them. That being said, it all depends on how much coverage you need.Bandelettes work great for girls that only have a moderate bit of rubbing.
If the part of your thighs that rub together is about the size of a palm or less go with Bandelettes, anything more then that Undersummers would be a better option.
Anti-Chafing Skin Lubricants
Some girls love this stuff, I don’t happen to be one of them. Don’t get me wrong, they work great and last all day.
If specialized underwear isn’t an option I would use one of these. BodyGlide looks like a stick of deodorant that you rub onto your thighs making them slippery.
Another option that works on the same principal is a product called Silky Underwear. It’s a powder that is not as effective as BodyGlide but a little more convenient. You can find them both on Amazon.
If you have never used anything like this to stop chafing, they can take some getting used to. BodyGlide make your skin feel like a slippery plastic that I could never get used to.
But, if chafing is a big deal for you and you don’t mind how it feels, BodyGlide works very good for serious inner thigh chafing.
Chub rub sucks, it’s painful, burns and at the least uncomfortable. Your skin gets irritated, red, blotchy and if you don’t do anything about it, it can result in a rash.
So, how do you heal chub rub? Before we get into any treatments or creams, here’s 5 rules to relieving the inner thigh rub burns.
- Shower: A nice cool shower can provide instant relief for a short period of time. Try to stay away from the hard stuff. Use a mild to gentle soap that won’t irritate your skin any further. Once your done with the shower, PAT DRY! Sounds obvious right, but a nice cool shower can make you forget the reason you even got in there.
- Disinfect: Keep the area germ free to prevent further issues. You can use any anti bacterial cream, powder or lotion of your choice. I would recommend something that dries and doesn’t leave a greasy residue. The oily stuff can collect dirt and block pores, resulting in more complications later on.
- Stop the Burn: OK, you showered and disinfected but your thighs are still burning. It’s time to soothe the pain. luckily there are a million ways to cool it down. From home remedies to over the counter products. I don’t like messing around with household products and finding out what doesn’t work the hard way. Get a tube of Monistat Chafing Relief and call it quits. The stuff works instantly and costs about $5. Why mess around.
- Stay Dry: If it’s summer, turn on your AC. The last thing you want is some salty sweat getting in there. Wear light, breathable PJ’s. If you can’t lay around try using Gold Bound to keep moisture levels low.
- Spread Em: Keep your thighs apart and let them breath. Lets face it, your thighs getting together is what caused the problem in the first place. If your home, layout and relax. If you can’t, try to wear clothing that prevents any more thigh rubbing. Its crucial to let your skin heal. If you don’t, it can result in callused inner thigh skin.
Getting Rid of Inner Thigh Fat
Let’s cut to the chase, you know why you got yourself into this mess and there’s only one real way out, diet and exercise. No you can’t totally eliminate any chances of chafed thighs, but you can drastically reduce the occurrence.
By toning thigh muscles you can increase the amount of fat they use. I’m not going to get to deep into this, but if you’re looking for a great workout plan that will get rid of or burn inner thigh fat, check out my article on getting a thigh gap.
What I will get a little more into his diet. It’s important to always watch what you eat no matter your body shape or physical condition.
We get accustomed to the, “I’m hungry, grab a burger” lifestyle. It’s not your fault, it’s just the way the world works. We are to busy to think about what we eat and chances are you don’t even read labels.
If you did, 50% of the ingredients don’t make sense anyway.If you’re not into reading labels or counting calories and macro-nutrients isn’t your thing, make it your thing.
That’s the only real way to change. OK, you’re not convinced or you still think it’s way too much effort. Here’s a very simple, easy to follow rule to eating healthy.
If it was never alive, don’t eat it
Simple, if it’s produced in a factory, imported from a foreign country or mixed by people in lab coats, in any way, don’t eat it! Just following this simple idea can drastically improve your health and get your body in shape.
Just to be clear, this simple change in diet can result in visible results in a month or so.Let’s break down the modern hamburger. This will help you get a mental grasp on what I’m talking about.
At first sight a Hamburg seems to fit into the, “If it was never alive, don’t eat it”, rule right. Beef and lettuce in a bun simple right, no, wrong.
- First, if you have read any of my other articles, you know how “anti – carbs”, I am. So let’s start with those so called buns. White flour isn’t what you think it is. We usually think of a wheat, dried then ground down into a powder. That would be ok, if that was it. But unless you’re the one that grounded down the wheat, expect a little more. Flour is usually bleached, mixed with preservatives, drying agents as well as “enriched” with the synthetic version of the natural minerals that were removed.
- Ready made, store bought buns get even worse. By adding artificial sweeteners like High Fructose, proteins that make the bun chewy and fluffy. Not to mention the cheaper brands that add preservatives for shelf life.
- Second the Beef Patty. The dangers of processed meats is all over the main stream media. The truth is a lot of the so called “beef patties”, are anything but beef. The actual term for the substance that’s used for fast food burger patties is “Pink Slime”. So don’t think of ground beef as beef, unless you have ground it yourself.
- The toppings, are just as bad. Mass produced, packed full of preservatives and stored in plastic containers for the long term. By now, I hope you get the idea. So, what can you eat? The answer is easy. Steak, fish, chicken, all vegetables, fruits or anything else that don’t need a ingredient label!
Lose Inner Thigh Fat
You can read any of my articles on proper diet and learn for details on how to lose fat. The point is not so much, losing fat really. I want you to develop a great shape, hips, thighs, butt and fuller breasts.
Also do this while reducing belly, back, arm and any other body fat. It all depends on what you eat, not how much.
A diet high in fiber, plant based fats and moderate protein with minimal to no carbs can make you look and feel great. Get creative with your greens and veggies.
A woman’s body is designed to have shape, its our environment and the modern lifestyle that’s to blame.